스킨푸드 Samples #1


I honestly am not sure how long this post has been sitting hanging around in my drafts section...I actually hadn't used the Emulsion until this week, simply because I have no use for an emulsion. Having oily/sensitive skin, thick products like emulsions are generally of no use to me. And I barely use products like this, so because I didn't replace it with anything (and because I liked the packaging, so I didn't want to ruin it by ripping it! But I suppose I did actually take a picture!)

Welcome to part one of the 스킨푸드 Sample section. Instead of reviewing the products individually, I'd like to sit and review these in pairs simply because I think it'll be easier and due to the size of these samples, they are of course single use and therefore I haven't got a really clear view on these products, just a simple first impression and how they react with my skin type.

Before I actually get into the cream and emulsion themselves though, I thought I'd give a quick overview on 스킨푸드 themselves~ *I'm getting my information from Skin Food's US site if anyone is curious
their motto is "good food for health is also good for the skin" and their concept is 'food' - apparently they're the first brand to use this concept...personally, I'm not sure why you'd feel the need to have food based cosmetics...(and cactus? please let me know if you've ever actually eaten a cactus or class it as food? ㅋㅋㅋ)
Skin Food see their products as a solution to problems long-term, they use the phrase "To protect your skin for 14 years, not just for 14 days." Of course, this isn't literally, but you get the idea~ they're more the sort of brand who work on prevention and cure (over concealer). Instead of letting you get old and then give you a ton of concealing creams afterwards, they're the brand who keep your skin hydrated and healthy so you don't actually age as much in the first place. 
They then carry on and tell me that they love my skin and all that regular jazz that all brands tell you, I do find the Korean brands pretty reliable so far though~ 
I thought I'd also mention that they began in 1957...I'm not sure whether you'd class that as old or new honestly, and I don't actually know much about Korean history...so I don't know particularly what Korea was like in the late 50's...but yeah, that's when they started!


For the first part, I'm going to show you the Royal Honey Hydro Cream and Agave Cactus Emulsion. I actually have 2 of the hydro cream, but I've put one in my bag in case of emergencies (you never know! I've need face creams and stuff before, so I always carry one around now.) so I've only tested this product once, and the same with the Cactus emulsion.

ROYAL HONEY HYDRO CREAM ::
 The packaging for the sample size was pretty good and cute, there was enough product in there to use once so it was all good.
Looking at the full size of the cream as well, it looks pretty and easy to open and everything...only thing is, you need to make sure you wash your hands well before using this product otherwise it might become unhygienic!

There's 55g in the full size, for the price I personally think it's a pretty good size, it's still compact enough so you can transport it and put it in your bag if you need it *handy*

 I personally like the smell, but it is fragranced ..so if you don't like scented products...I'm not sure how you'd feel about it~ but it's not too strong!

 For a 55g bottle it's £11.38/ 16.71/ $21.39... obviously this price will vary depending on where you buy it from (this is the price according to cosmetic-love) eBay may get more expensive~ if you find it a lot cheaper than that though, I'd probably assume it to be fake and I'd be wary of using it honestly...

 I'm not usually bothered by creams and everything too much...I prefer masks over creams, but actually I felt like this worked quite well surprisingly!

 I think I may buy the full-size of this product at some point, I'm not going to rush out and purchase it straight away (especially because I can just get tonnes of the free sample sizes ㅋㅋㅋㅋ) but I have added it to my pinterest list of things I want to buy!


AGAVE CACTUS EMULSION::
 I actually loved the sample packaging! It was a nice shape and I've had it sitting in the back of my makeup bag for a while and it's just been happily sitting there ㅋㅋㅋ~~~


It's pretty good and it'll last you a long time as you don't need as much of this product as with the creams and everything because it is watery and spreads across your skin well...

 It does smell, but you cant smell it once it's actually on your face~ just scented in the bottle and when you're putting it on. But it's not overwhelming.

 Cosmetic-love doesn't actually sell the full size of this product, so I went to rubyruby76 on eBay and here's the link to that one, the price is around £15~ On yesstyle it's about £23 though! :O (here's the link). It's $21 on amazon (here) and finally, on GMarket it's ₩18,000 ($16) here - so there's a bit of varying price depending on where you buy it... 
And obviously, you've got the store price as well if you're actually in the 스칸푸드 store!


 I actually really liked it~ I've never used emulsions before, so I've got nothing to really compare it too~ but it was from the brightening range at Skin Food and I felt like it definitely did brighten my skin, it was also pretty hydrating! So I was quite impressed~
The only thing that annoyed me is that it felt a little sticky on my skin afterwards, and it definitely felt like I had products on my face!

 I don't think I'll buy this product~ simply because I don't think I'd use it regularly~ However, I will try out the Agave Cactus Moisture Cream from the same range because I think I'd use the cream more than an emulsion!
(And also because Cosmetic-love don't stock it, so I'd have to order from eBay and that would be more complicated ㅋㅋㅋ I'm so lazy....)

I hope you enjoyed my views on those two products...
I'm sorry if I wasn't much help with the size and value, I did only try the samples~
I've also got some more 스킨푸드 samples to try out, so I'll try them soon! So you can look forward to a part #2 of this one! 
Have a nice day everyone!