토니모리 디어-미 쁘띠 코튼 비비크림 SPF 30 PA ++ (1호 코튼 베이지) [Tony Moly Dear Me Petite Cotton BB Cream (#1 Cotton Beige)]


After my Skin79 BB Cream was coming to the end of it's life, I knew I needed to purchase another one. I loved the Skin79 one, but SPF25 really didn't cut it for me. As you all know, I'm pretty pale. Sun and my skin aren't really the best of friends. SPF25 really does nothing on my skin, but at the end of the day... it's spring. It's still snowing here in England~ SPF50+ is a tad unnecessary for daily use in the spring. 
I wanted something travel friendly because...university trips (I'm taking lots of days out to look at the universities I've applied to at the moment)~ I searched the Internet for a while~ and in the end I decided on this. Tony Moly's Dear Me Petite Cotton BB Cream in #1 Cotton Beige. It had pretty mixed reviews....but I thought I'd go for it and try it out for myself! 

In this review/overview, I'm going to ignore all the other blog posts and reviews on this one and simply put my opinions. I have combination skin, I have an oily t-zone with dry forehead and cheek patches. I have pretty sensitive and pale skin. You've all seen it before! 하하~ So this really does depend on your skin type being similar to mine!




First of all, just a quick rant about Royal Mail who delivered my package in a bag. An apology bag. Yep. I don't even want to know what had happened to this. It was soaked when I got it. Honestly, it's most likely that someone dropped it in the snow. (careless) But hey. It happens. And at least they've acknowledged it!
If their packaging wasn't good, this product would have been ruined! I'm just glad this wasn't one of my clothes or shoe packages! 


As you can see, the box was ruined -_-... After they gave me such a pretty gold box as well! 


Anyway. Let's move on to the actual product~ considering you all won't have the same mail problem! (well I hope not anyway!)

As you can see (sorry the back is mainly in Korean)~ the SPF is 30. It has PA++
I feel like not enough people understand SPF and PA pluses. 

PA++ is the mid-ranking. PA is the amount of UVA protection. UVA is the one that causes the long-term damage. 
You want the most pluses possible really. PA+++ is the best one to get~ but obviously, if you're using a suncream that has PA+++ in~ you don't also need a BB cream with it. The highest SPF and PA counts. 

I've also heard people say that SPF30 + SPF20 = SPF50...sorry guys! 
SPF30 +SPF20 = SPF30. 
The highest SPF is the one that counts! You can't really add them together.

I do support the use of high SPF. Anything above 30 is acceptable in my eyes.
I personally use 30 when I'm just walking around classes and everything for a day. I usually spend around just under an hour outside on those days, and I find that SPF30 is the right amount that stops any damage without being unnecessary. In the summer I have to bump it up to a higher factor, but in the spring~ this is alright!


I love the consistency of this. It's good for oil control, I don't feel like I need powder with this cream because it offers a dewy effect as opposed to a greasy effect. I always thought that dewy = oily. This BB has made me see the light. This cream makes me look healthy. It fits my colour perfectly~ it looks like I'm not wearing anything.
My only problem is... the coverage. I do feel like I need concealer some days using this. Particularly on my under-eye area. I have used this some days without concealers, but my under-eye area makes me paranoid all day.


As you can see, there's a cap on here to ensure that it hasn't been tampered with beforehand. Because we're dealing with cosmetics and skincare here, we want to make sure that our products are real. To do this, find manufacturing/expiration dates, security seals etc. on the packaging. Make sure you're buying from a trusted seller. Although we've all been told not to buy from eBay sellers, it's usually alright. If you see this BB selling for under £5, it's probably not legit. Just know how much the product should be worth. Cheaper than that, you want to be careful!

Pros:
+ the colour matches!
+ SPF30
+ consistency is good
+ easy to blend
+ cheap!

Cons:
- not a lot of product
- would have preferred a pump design
- only PA++

Although there's 3 bad points in that list... I don't think that's a problem. They're all relatively minor things and I do recommend it!
Personally though, I'm not going to buy another one. It's good for the spring time, but I'm going to try and find a good BB with a higher SPF and better PA rating.

You can purchase the product here:
(Cosmetic-Love are only selling this BB cream on their eBay store, not on their site)

Have a nice day guys!