Back to School


It's that season again when everyone's creating their back to school series and content, their videos and blog posts. I skipped out on this trend this year and decided to just watch everyone else's videos and read their blogs instead of trying to write one myself.
I've got a pretty strict routine with myself about school stuff, my stationary has to all be organised into separate sections, the folders need to be sorted and organised differently constantly...the text books go in alphabetical order by author and then alphabetical order of book title within that, my school clothes are organised into colour sections~ the contents of my bag get cleared out every day and old hand outs go straight into the folders. You can see where this is going...I get pretty obsessive over my school items...
So you can understand why I didn't particularly want to show everyone the contents of my desk and wardrobe and school bag...I'm just far too organised (which is probably just a way of procrastinating more and more) so it's slightly embarrassing.

(I also have been having timetabling problems, so I've been so busy sorting that out that I've barely had any time to concentrate on doing anything recently)

But I thought I'd just share a few tips because I'm going back to school tomorrow and I'm sure plenty of people are already back by now...I'm going to limit myself to 5 because I could go on all day, but I'm not going to...


1. Clear out your bag regularly.
Whether it's every day, once a week or once a fortnight...I don't care, just make sure you don't have old forms and handouts, half written homework, gum wrappers and lose change and stationary in your bag. That's gross and it's no wonder you never find anything in your bag whilst it's in that mess! You don't need to go and by one of those bag dividers or anything, just make sure everything is where you want it to be!

2. Write everything down.
Literally everything. I have a small notebook (separate to my organiser) to write giant to do lists. I write every little thing I have to do, whether it's reminding me to buy lunch, do a homework, visit a teacher or whatever. Then I know that I'll never forget anything. Don't worry about writing down all of the deadlines and everything, you just need a literal list of things you should do.

3. Don't spend your whole life worrying about what clothes to wear.
If you've not got a school uniform and you can wear your own clothes to school, don't use that as the reason why you don't get enough sleep. I know more than enough people that wake up between 5:30 and 6am at my own school - we don't need to be in until 8:40... - how long did it genuinely take them to do their hair and get dressed? -_- If your wardrobe is organised then you can just pick anything out in the morning and you KNOW it'll match. Problem solved! Then you don't have to get up until 7:20 or something!

4. Water!
I always forget this one honestly. Or I deliberately forget because I hate carrying water around. But honestly, it is important especially if your tired or your skin hates you at the moment (like mine!) then it's great to have water to counteract that~ I sometimes use a small water spray bottle which I just put in my makeup bag, which is amazing for waking you up or whatever.

5. Remember stationary.
Every morning, make sure your stationary is there. Whether you need a full maths set or just a pen...make sure they're in your bag. There's nothing worse than having no stationary.


I think that's me done for now, next year I'll remember to make myself a back to school series for you...but I don't really the point in doing one now because it's already a bit too late now!
I'll be back with a review properly soon! 
Have a nice day and enjoy your school/university/college again!
See you later!