토니틴트 [TONY MOLY TINT] in Cherry Pink


The was one of the strange products, that everyone raves about constantly...yet I personally didn't expect much from this product. I received a sample size from HKC last time I bought face masks with them, and I was just going to stick it in my skincare box and forget about it~ (like most of the samples seem to these days...) but somehow~ I sat looking at one of my outfits...and decided that it needed more colour in it~ I tried all of my red lipsticks. None of them worked. I then tried the orange ones. They weren't quite right either~ The tint caught my eye...and I tried it~ and 오모...guys. My life became perfect after that.

Everyone loves it. I love it. It looks perfect. It looks natural. But if gives that pop of colour (oh dear, that's such a stereotypical phrase isn't it?! Orz) and just is perfect.
It stays on all day. I can drink like 10 cups of tea. I can eat my lunch. It still stays on perfectly. It's cheap. What more can you want?



So the first thing I did after trying it, was search google. I wanted to see whether the Koreans had been obsessing over the lip tint as well. I knew the English-speaking bloggers I read had been loving it~ so I wanted to check their opinions as well. Obviously, they get it even cheaper that us. They get a bigger range of colours and everything available to them~ and also they can just go to the shop and buy another as soon as it runs out or whatever. Having a look on GMarket and everywhere as well, they're selling for about 3,000 won. That's just over £1.50 :O I'm jealous. I want it that cheap!

Value

As I just said, it sells for around 3,000 won. On eBay that seems to translate to around £3-4. You spend much more than that, and you're probably being ripped off ㅋㅋㅋ It's selling currently for $7.19 on cosmetic-love, which is just over £4. So cosmetic-love is on the higher end in this case~ but if you're already buying something from them, then I'd be tempted to get theirs just for the convenience!


Does it work?

Yes! Is the simple answer. There's not much else to it. It works. That's all we care about. This is the first tint I've tried...and I think it'll be one of the only red ones I use. I'm not sure about the orange one, because it's still a very red-orange colour...so I think Etude House's orange is probably more of true orange (judging by what it looks like Dakota... I haven't tried it).

The scent?

 I actually don't mind it...a lot of people dislike it though according to reviews. The tint doesn't smell when it's on, but it does have a sort of alcohol...sort of chemically smell to it ㅋㅋㅋ I'm not really sure how to describe it! 


Sizing?

It comes in 9g for the normal and 10ml for the cat version. The trial size...I don't know how much that is...but it doesn't look like much in comparison? I'd say around 1g? Estimate ^^ but it lasts forever. I've been using it for about a week~ and I'd say there's probably around 2-3 weeks worth in the tester size ones. So it lasts a long time!
The full size version

Packaging

There are actually two types of Tony Moly's lip tints. There's the basic normal version which is the one in the tester sizes that you see. That one comes in a basic cylinder, in my opinion~ it's a far more simplistic and convenient shape. It just seems to fit well in places. The other is Chu Chu Wink version. That's the typical cat shape that Tony Moly use, which is far cuter...and does actually come in an orange shade as well as the normal red and cherry. But that one doesn't have the same appeal to me personally as the other. I personally don't like Tony Moly's cat packaging...it just has a childish feel to it. Which although Etude House's products sometimes do, the Tony Moly ones do just feel like they're marketed at pre-teens and just really young people! 
But hey, that's just my opinion! And if you want the orange one, or just like the cat style packaging~ then go for that one!



Pigmentation?

Is perfect! It's not too much, it's not too little. You can layer it well and it's still fine. You can just apply a little bit and it still shows up. I've found that you can go from day-to-night pretty well with this. Doing a gradient lip during the day for school/work and then going full out for the evening~ so that's great! I don't like products that apply too strongly. It makes me feel like I have no control over it!

Is really pretty! It's red, but not blood red. This one is called "cherry red" and I don't think I can think of a better way to put it, it's a sort of cherry/strawberry colour. It's still acceptable for everyday wear if applied correctly (so not sticking all of it on heavily). The colour is buildable as well which is always great!


The verdict?

4/5 = I marked down because they taste/scent isn't great and it's really not moisturising!
I'm off to buy the full size. I'm not even just saying that guys, I'm in love with it. Being a student, I don't really want to be fussing all day about re-application (should be studying and all! ㅋㅋㅋ). This tint is easy, long lasting and pretty. The only think I'd say about it, is that it's really not moisturising at all. You either need to make sure you apply enough lip balm or stay away if you're prone to really dry lips. Sorry! ^^♥