Just Relax Guys...


Sometimes life can get pretty stressful, school, family and friends...they all pile up on you and you just need some time out. It's hard to get that though in the 21st century. Social media has completely taken over our lives to the extent that it's almost impossible to get away. 
People expect texts and emails to be read and answered to in minutes, constant updates and posts and Facebook notifications that can't wait more than five minutes - especially apparently if it's for a game, which ends up being played for all 24 hours of the day...
Every day, we should make an effort...spend at least an hour away from the computer screens and phone screens entirely, go and make yourself a cup of tea, grab some biscuits and a book and relax. Those essays can wait, your friends and family can wait. If you don't do something like this every day, it can begin to build up. We get stressed in this century due to our lifestyles, we let work stack upon us and eventually we collapse.
Look after yourselves guys, know your limits. 
Try and do the 90 seconds relaxation exercise at least once a day, visit the quiet place and the thoughts room. Don't let Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube, Google+ or even blogger take over your life. Be yourself. Not the person behind the computer screen.



Let me just explain a typical day for me and then I think you'll start to realise just how much we overuse technology...
I wake up in the mornings, because my alarm is on my phone I check my texts, emails and anything else before I actually get up. Then I go over to my computers and switch them all on, check out on what I've missed out on at Twitter and Tumblr and Facebook whilst I've been asleep...Then I go downstairs, check the weather...*and this is slightly embarrassing, I check the weather through TV apps because I hate actually watching the weather...* Then I grab my tea and my breakfast and head back upstairs to do any last minute things for the day and watch some clips or whatever before I go out either to school or karate or whatever I'm up to for the day.
Wherever I go, I usually take a computer with me. These days its simply usually my netbook which is only a 10' so it's pretty portable and easy to use, so that goes in my bag...along with my phone, ipods, cameras and every other piece of junk that isn't actually needed but we've convinced ourselves that we can't live without it...In the car or form of public transport, I normally just stick on some headphones and once again, check in with my phone, load up foursquare, twitter, tumblr, emails, the lot...
I think I'll end that story there, you get the idea though and I've actually only taken you up to 8am there...perhaps I actually use it more than most people do, I know people that don't even use their computer most days, but the reality is...if you're actually reading this post, then you're likely to be on the Internet more frequently (in case you haven't noticed, you're actually on the Internet right now). Technology and social media should be embraced. They should become part of our lives without simply becoming our lives. Next time you start to feel stressed, suffocated or annoyed, take a step back...shut everything down and take time out.

This is genuinely my biggest worry for future generations. There's a 9 year age gap between myself and my younger brother - Imaarocus - and the fact that I'm able to link to him at the age of 8 really says it all...He comes home from school, only to see them all again playing games or talking to each other online. He has no concept of relaxing. That's only 9 years younger than myself, so I'd hate to see what kids have to live like in 15-20 years time... even if it is also rather exciting for ourselves.

Younger me knew exactly how to relax! I took this photo in 2008...
On one of my annual - well more like monthly in the end... -  trips to the Aqua Sana.
Even chubby 13 year old me knew that a spa was a great place to go when you get stressed!


Well, that's enough from me today. Have a nice day, relax, sit back and enjoy life. <3